Wednesday, October 8, 2008

MakeMyTrip :-)

Free time at last !!! :)
The last few weeks had been hectic at office (That explains why couldn't get myself to BLOG).
I wanted to be in Mumbai on 25th July 2008, tickets were booked and I was all set to leave office after the talk by Kiron Bedi.
The talk was fabulous. The lady commanded the stage absolutely. What ease and how powerful :)
During the session I got a message from my husband informing me about a blast in Bangalore and asking about my well-being. After the session, I saw the news and realized it was not A blast, it was a series of blasts. Everyone was panicking. It is a quiet city and this was a bit too much for it to handle.
I tried booking a cab to the airport as the international airport is 3 hours away from my office. But the booking offices were not ready to take any more passengers. Phew!!! I decided to go the usual way - take the office shuttle up to a destination and then board the international airport shuttles that run across the city.

I witnessed a laathi charge on the way and a lotttttttttt of traffic.
I thought I had missed my flight.
While I was waiting for the International Airport shuttle, Sid called up Bangalore Airport to know if the flight was on time and they told him that passengers should check in at least half an hour before the flight departure timings. This assured my fears. Damn!!
I reached barely 10 minutes before the flight took off. I ran all the way from the time I got off the bus through my security check with the boarding pass in hand, all the way into the flight, with the airport authorities looking amused much to my irritation. Now it all seems very funny.
Met up with Rahul, Bhavana and Akshay after a really long time. The highlight was the dessert :-) Sizzling brownie and as promised by Bhavana, it was yummyy.

Mumbai welcomes you like no other city. A suggestion to all those descending on this wonderful city - always take a flight that will reach destination Mumbai after it is dark. Its a lovely sight :-)
So I was back home, to the place I am most comfortable at.
Now my next trip on September 2nd, 2008.
We had decided to shift to our new home. So me, mummy and mumma left for Kharghar.
On Saturday, we went for a trek to Avchitgad. Goooooooooooood fun!!!!!
Had almost thought we wouldn't reach the pinnacle (we lost our way) but we did it :D
Me and Sid spent a leisurely weekend in our home (a peek at how it would be once I am back from Bangalore :-) )
On Sunday, we also went to see Dhannada and her baby :-)
So the trips were delightful and pleasant, but lasted very quickly.

I have also made a new dost - Iraqi/Billu beta/Pullll..Introduction next time

2 comments:

Atul Chaudhari said...

majhi mummmy becharii...

itka tension madhe hoti blast jhala tewhaaa

me paan chat war bollo naah

why di'nt you write my name
shyaaaaaa

Siddhesh said...

Finally back... but ye to bohot purana flashback hai ;)